Sunday, October 15, 2006

Know Thyself

I was reading a article about high definition TV's that get you the real image, much better quality then the regular TV. It said, now we will have different channels for HDTV flooding the market. Some of the channels have actually been around and many more are on their way to the huge consumer market.

One group of people that found HDTV really troublesome were the actresses. The extent of makeup's they wear is very visible on HDTV, which actually is not visible at all on the regular TV's. Some actresses were really upset that HDTV showed the audience the real images instead of the images they wanted to project.

Many of us do the same when we enter the job market. Through our resumes and interviews, we try to project ourselves as the best suited candidate for the job, which in reality, may or may not be the case. Some of us twist our skills and accomplishments to the requirement of the position, in effect, we project our selves.

Girls have a tendency to wear makeup, they do it to make them look more beautiful, so that smart guys give them a good look and ask them out for a date. I am not implying that all of them do it like that, Some of the girls I have seen over the years have been really gorgeous, really beautiful, others just portray themselves as beautiful. One wise man once told me if you really want to see if a girl or a lady is really beautiful, see her first thing in the morning, If she posses real beauty, it will show right there or it was just artificial

Whenever I go to buy a new car, all the sales persons in all different showrooms I visit, try to convince me that the vehicle they are offering meets my needs and suits my interests then any other car n the face of earth. How can so many people with so many different opinions be right at the same time? I did settle for a Honda Accord. It kept me wondering that projections are not only done in humans, but we also do the same for possessions and things.

Sometimes I just wonder, where does reality fits into all this imaginations and projections, it also makes me wonder about the moments in life, when we tend to be real and true to ourselves. Taking a bath and shaving were some of the moments we used to be closest to our true self, just I, me and myself, no clothes or stuff to make me look someone else, but now with so many hairstyling products, hairstyles, beards, specially the different variation of French beards, projecting ourselves has paved its way into our utmost private moments

There was a time when we used to make love to our spouses, those small whispers, lighting arrangement, fragrances, aromas, special preparations……..we used to love, real love, a process. The goal was to love and be loved, we used to be open and loving, it was said to be the moment one is closest to experiencing the divine. Now, all small talk is about sex, performance and orgasm, the peak, the expectations. I believe we are loosing the real love somewhere in the middle. Every one is different, every life is different, I can not stand in any ones shoes, and you have a better understanding of your own life. If it still is really the Love in your life, congratulations, your private moments are still yours, you do value reality

I can not describe, what it means to be real, but trust me, it does feel great, whenever we are closest to ourselves. It’s a great team work, Actor, Observer and Observed i.e. I , me & myself. May be it’s the first rule to achieve the highest fulfillment

The two words on the top of the sacred Delphi temple

KNOW THYSELF

Its about the REAL self

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, be real or you're wasting your life.

Unknown said...

Goooooooooooooood one,i enjoyed it