Saturday, December 04, 2004

Nothing

Who are you?
The question came directly pointed towards me,
Who are you?
Who? , me, I am rizwan,
I didn’t ask you name, I asked who are you.
Perplexed,
I am rizwan, I told you,
Hey man I m not asking your name, you will not be a different person if you change your name, you will remain the very same person.
What should I reply, do I have another identity, my mind went running,
“I am Mr. Bhimani’s Son”,
I didn’t ask you about your father, I asked you who are YOU, don’t you understand a simple question.
I am me,
I was a little frustrated by then
But who’s that “me”
“Me” means “I” and “I” means “me”
Ok so one thing is for sure, you yourself don’t know who you are; ok tell me what are you?
Why am I being asked these questions? What is this conversation up to...?
I am a businessman and a writer and a motivational trainer
I didn’t ask your profession or what you do, I asked what you are
I tried to act little smart “I am a human being”
So is every one else around you, what’s your uniqueness,
My Body, My face
But those are the things you have, like your name, you have a body and you have a face, just like you have the name, but you are not those things
Ok then what about my mind
Again you have a mind; you are not your mind,
What about my thoughts
Your mind generates thoughts for you, you feel that they are yours, in fact they are not, at least not at this moment
Are you challenging my intelligence, I have a very high IQ
So you mean to say you are intelligent
I sure am
Ok let’s test it right now
And I became mentally prepared
What’s the most important part of any conversation?
Hmm, voice, words or people…………which one should I choose, without words, there is no conversation, without people, words loose their value and without voice words cant exist, this is a tricky one.
Ok it’s the words, the language, without which there would not be any conversation
Excellent my friend
You sure have a very high IQ,
But it’s according to your own standards, and I don’t agree with your standards.
Now listen and tell me if I am right
The most important part of a conversation is SILENCE
And I remembered about silent conversations some people have but in most conversations, Silence, how can that be important
Without silence, there would be no conversation
There would not be even a single sentence
It’s the most important part of every conversation on earth, every thing word, said or recited
Silence is nothing, but it just IS, without it, there would be nothing else,
Words come from silence and they die back in there
Just imagine, if there were no pauses in the conversation
How would that feel?
Would you be able to understand any thing or sentence with your highest possible IQ?
It’s the silence that allows words to be, without which there would be no word.
Ok here is another one
What’s the most important part of this universe?
This time my mind was trying numerous possibilities
I came up with water, its life.
No my friend, its space, the emptiness
Just like words come from silence and go back in silence
Things come from space and vanish in space, but the space stays
How, I asked
Look my friend, every heavenly body is in the space, if there was none of them present, Space will still be there, even time would not exist without space, there would be no existence, space just is, its nothing but contains every thing.

Just like words come and they die, but silence is eternal part of life, its nothing but without it there would be nothing else. Even being nothing, it’s the reason for every existence. Just like space, when you look at the sky, you see sun moon and other planets, but you never see the space that holds them.
I couldn’t agree more
It was a total different perspective
What you see comes from what you do not see and what you do not see in nothing, so every thing comes from nothing and we are all part of nothing
But I have my own identity
Go ask the fish and it will tell you I am part of the sea, without the sea, I am nothing
And go ask the sea and it will tell you that without the earth I am just nothing, I won’t exist without earth
And then go ask earth and it will tell you that it exists because of this solar system
And solar system will lead you to our galaxy, milky way, with millions of stars, which will in turn lead you to millions of other galaxies……..and in the end its all part of the larger space that you actually call Nothing.
I didn’t have a word to say
If every thing has an end to nothing, how can you have your own identity, just because you have a fancy name, and some thoughts and body and a mind, it means you are something.
Yes I am
Ok tell me why you call yourself American, Indian or Australian
Because I am
No you call your self that since you are a part of it
You call your self American because you are part of America, or you call yourself African because you are a part of Africa, similarly you call yourself human because you are a part of humanity, so in much larger sense, when you know you are part of nothing, why you are ashamed to accept the fact and always ready to prove otherwise
Just give my one reason why?
When you know nothing begets every thing, why you want to loose everything in order just to get a little something
Why you inflate your egos so very much that you can’t see the nothing but other then your self, you don’t see nothing else either
When, even the student says, I know nothing, that starts the first day of this learning
I am talking to you, what you are thinking
Nothing………………..in fact everything…
Ahaaan, you are a quick learner
So tell me now, who are you
Nothing
And what are you
Nothing
What makes you special?
Nothing
Good.
Nothing contains everything, it’s the very reason of existence, we all are part of nothing, yet most of us are restless to become something, we spend our whole lives just to be something, or at least be a part of something, when in reality there is nothing…
All religions talk about it
Some call it Nirvana, some call it eternal happiness, some call it being divine, some call it a miracle and some call it dying before the death
Once you realize your glass is not empty, it’s full of space; you get your first insight
And once you realize that glass is just a very tiny part of absolutely nothing, you are on your way to peace, there is space inside the glass, but glass itself is part of a larger space. Any ways young man
Good luck on your journey to peace……
Even if you don’t reach there, you will at least become more humble, good luck once again.
And it all vanished

Rizwan, you were so intensely thinking about something, are you in tension or something, is everything all right
I guess
Tell me what you were thinking
Nothing
Rizwan, I know you were thinking about something
No I am telling you, it was about nothing
You don’t want to tell me
Trust me I was really thinking about nothing
OK keep it to you, don’t tell me but don’t expect any thing from me as well
I swear it was all about nothing
You have gone insane rizwan…
And she left the room, slamming the door.

And then I remembered this quote

“The world is full of insane people; here sane people make no sense”

And what’s the difference between sane and insane, Rizwan
That voice appeared again
And this time it was my turn to smile

NOTHING…I said

And that voice disappeared with these last words…

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a
Butterfly… (Richard Bach)

6 comments:

Samar Owais said...

hey, was just going through your blog and read ur latest post. was wondering if you wrote it yourself or if u came across it someplace.

Raheel Lakhani said...

interesting and effective way of telling a hard concept to understand. I have seen alot of conversation structure in the blog, i like it but wanna see other structures too. You have plans of writing a book so if someone doesn't find conversation interesting, they will be in deep trouble of not getting to the stage of insight.

Btw, I like my name because it is the part of that nothing. There is a personal question too, there is a SHE in every of your writings, who is that she? or it is just a way to keep the women activists out of your way(you know gender equality.. i strongly believe in it) when fame strikes you with alot of fortune(inshallah). Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Good volkswagen alhambra post!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the blog. I also like used porsche part

Anonymous said...

Does she really exist in your life or u r pretending to create a character? You have deep inspiration who ever is ur she gonna be luck enuffin to hold u ;)

Anonymous said...

nice one i like silence - space - nothing ... in fact everything